Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Operation Goatee: Mission Aborted

i shaved it off this morning. it wasn't working out for me OR Andrea. i gave her a kiss last night and she yelled for no apparent reason. turned out one of my chin hairs poked her in the follicle. ouch!

not much else going on. i'm still playing ukulele all the time and getting more familiar with the chords. i taught myself Stairway to Heaven the other day! it's pretty easy. come to think of it, most stuff is "easy" on a ukulele which is probly why i like it so much. me and Seth jammed on a little A-D-E thing Monday night, as well as a few classics. he was on 6 string, of course. he's good! he's gonna teach me "Big Love" by Lindsay Buckingham, which rocks...AND ROLLS.

i want to get some pickups for the uke so i can plug in and share it with the world. or at least the neighbors. Andrea has a set that fit in her old acoustic, but i'm scared to put them in. not only would it involve rendering them useless for future use in a guitar, i don't want to render the uke useless, too! i'm not the handiest dude on the ranch.

in summation: my Lanikai LU-11 is best Christmas gift in a long time. thanks Schuster's! (and Baby for suggesting it)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You shaved it!?!? My chin thanks you :-)

Angie said...

You should learn 'The Ukelele Song' by Jon Peter Lewis (I got it on iTunes)