Monday, June 4, 2007

i'm "in the band"

as in, my wedding band is here! it's a little tight on my fat finger. guess i need to get it bumped up to a 10.75 or go on a finger diet. but snug or not, i'm glad it's here. i've been stoked about the prospect of finally getting to wear jewelry without anyone being able to give me a hard time. who knows? maybe i'll really like it and this will be but the first step in a journey of 1,000 rings.

Slight Topic Change
i have the stubble of a 13 year old, except now instead of being reddish-blond, it's coming in gray. that's awesome. anyway, i took advantage of the weekends worth of growth to try my hand at growing a goatee. it's a big step for me to actually leave the house with facial hair, as can be seen by my 1st and only attempt at growing a full beard a couple years ago:




before that, i went for the "Shaggy" look:


wow. i haven't aged at all in the 10 years between those photos.

anyway, here's what i'd look like if i could grow a mustache like Matt Wood:



that's Matt's actual mustache, which he donated and we had surgically grafted onto my face early last year. it turned out great. sadly, my face rejected it and i'm back to looking like i'm 13.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hahahaha! Actually, your hair in the middle shot is so 'now' in a retro sort or way! Dean also has little luck with facial hair, which is fine with me since I prefer kissing a smooth face! And he loves it when I or the kids point out all his grey hair. (sarcasm) Love the new banner, too.

Andrea said...

Hey ...uhhh...this is Goatface!

You look good no matter what, but I gotta second the 'kissing a smooth face' sentiment. How about the side-burn-beard? If you blend it with the goatee like the one you had in college, you could tie it in a knot and make it look like you are wearing a headscarf....made of hair!

Gerald L. Updyke said...

i better get started right away!