Sunday, April 10, 2011

Glasses!

one of the best things about life is turning 40. i should know: it happened to me just 3 months and some change ago. it's been everything i could have imagined and more...with one exception: i still don't need glasses!

i've been cursed with "good enough to not need glasses" vision my whole life. everyone says "you'll need them one day", but my patience is wearing thin. and if i'm honest about it, i'm a little bummed. all you bespectacled folks out there, yucking it up with your glasses. it's not fair.

i refuse to wait for the blessed day in which i have Andrea drive me to the Lens Crafter's (i won't be able to drive myself, duh. i'll need glasses!). preparation is important to me, so i've been "test driving" my friends' glasses to see which frames best suit me. except for the migraines, it's been a lot of fun. and it's resulted in an awesome short list.

i have my favorite, Andrea has her favorite, but i thought i'd put it to you, my loyal readership, to let me know what YOU think. plus, this way i'll know exactly who is (and ISN'T) reading my annual blog post.

without delay, here are the new me's:

#1

#2


#3

#4

remember, all of these glasses are owned by someone you probably know who is also married, so no "#2 looks stupid" or "#4 is HAWT!", etc. thank you.

leave your choice in the comments and i'll tally them up and take the results to the Optometrist sometime in the (hopefully near) future.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoop Whoop! #2 no wait. #3. no #2

Paige Puckett said...

2

Shannon G said...

I like 1, 2, &3... for very different reasons. i think the 2's pretty much seem like you and are cool for your music vibe? but who could resist you in the 3's, hipster cool? the 1's make me want to hear your poetry, or about your favorite author, maybe have one of my girls take a class from you :)

Joe said...

#3!!!

Kiona said...

#2 absolutely, though perhaps with yellow tinted lenses. #4 i hate to tell you, WAY out of your league.

Whitney said...

#2, no question.

I just asked my esteemed roommate (you might have heard of her? Beth Parent, yes?) And she also said #2.

Looking forward to next year's post wherein we will hopefully help pick out a cane for you!

Jonathan said...

#2

Seth B. Hall said...

Can someone please explain to me what is going on?

Unknown said...

#3 looks best