Wednesday, May 7, 2008

things i find myself muttering under my breath at work

today it occurred to me that i mutter the same stuff over and over while doing my day to day activities. here's a quick list in order of frequency, highest to lowest:

- "Sigh...."
- "Son of a bitch!"
- "Gimme a break!"
- "Seriously??"
- "That's Bull$h1t"
- "Whatever"
- "You've got to be kidding me"

you get the idea. i mean, i love my job and my coworkers are cool but every little thing that goes wrong, i feel the need to mutter. then, as quickly as it came, i'm back to normal.

i'm listening to the R.E.M. album "Document" and have instantly been transported back to my Junior year of high school in Yakima, Washington. what a great album! Stevens (who i know is reading this post): should we consider pretending to want to do this one for the Great Cover Up instead of/in addition to "Life's Rich Pageant"??

i'm out.

3 comments:

Seth B. Hall said...

yes, I got guitar, unless it is already claimed in which case...I got guitar.

The MS/MS Show Show said...

You read my mind. It's often a toss-up between these two albums. Document would be easier because there's much more continuity, but we'd also need to play it in large venues to get the full effect. i think Life's Rich Pageant is more fun because it's a bit more diverse.

Jamie said...

I can't believe you're doing REM. I'm so freaking jealous.