Thursday, May 10, 2007

PI-3

this will be a quick one since the poison in the yard hasn't tried to make a comeback...yet. this is more an update on the rash i got last weekend.

they say poison ivy rashes don't "spread", i.e., that scratching them won't make you break out elsewhere. everything i've read supports this: you break out in the areas you were exposed and the blisters you get are filled mainly with watery goodness, but not contagious juice. that being said, it seems to be popping up in new places on me.

i got a new patch on my left forearm, right forearm and right bicep! and this morning i see a little itchy bump on my left thumb! what's up? it could be that i am encountering remnants from the weekends work, like from my shoes or something. or maybe from a dog toy. who knows. maybe it's actually contagious.

i was sitting in my cube Monday or Tuesday and my spots were itching. i decided to "scratch" them without really scratching them by turning over a can of compressed air and blowing subfreezing compressed gas on a couple places. it was neat, but didn't help all that much. the skin froze and i gave myself a mild case of the frost bite, but in the end, i was no better off. i don't recommend doing it.

hopefully PI-4 will have more exciting news. better yet, hopefully there won't be a PI-4 b/c i will never have to speak of it again.

No comments: